Mike (my brother), Natalie, and I went to Pittsburgh this past Sunday to watch Crosby and the Penguins against Heatley and the Senators. This is the sign that greeted us at a rest stop in Ohio. Only in America!

This is a picture of the downtown skyline. We walked through it a bit, and found it to be clean and safe.
The Mellon Arena was a strange place. It is the oldest arena in the NHL.
It was a nice place to watch a game. We were up in the rafters, but it seemed like we were right over top of the ice. We were impressed with the crowd's knowledge of the game and their enthusiasm. Who wouldn't be excited cheering for this team!
It was a great game! Pittsburgh ended up winning in a shoot-out. It would be nice if the Oilers could some how acquire Crosby. He is so fun to watch. Since the Oilers are in the state they are, I have decided to cheer for The Penguins. I know this sounds wrong not cheering for a Canadian team, but I can't seem to cheer for any of them (if the Flames do well, I will never hear the end of it!), and the Penguins remind me of the Oilers back in the glory days.
This was a great road trip!

No comments:
Post a Comment