Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I hate to admit it, but I was 1 of 80,103 in attendance!


Spectacle: 1) an object, phenomenon, or event that is seen or witnessed, especially one that is impressive, unusual, or disturbing; 2) an impressive performance or display, especially something staged as a form of entertainment; 3) somebody or something that attracts attention by being unpleasant or ridiculous.


It was all of the above. Nat and I had the pleasure of taking in Wrestlemania 23 in Detroit this past Sunday. Here we are waiting to get inside to see what is in store for us!

There were many parts of the evening that could be commented on, but I will limit them to my two favourites. I found my fellow fans, and the signs they brought with them, to be as entertaining as the event itself. as you can see, there are many!

This one was my favourite. It says, "Just Bring It!" Someone actually took the time to add "Just Bring It!" to the atmosphere.

Of course, being in the same building as Donald Trump was the best part of the whole evening. Trump and McMahon each had chosen a wrestler to represent them in a match. The loser of the match was to have his head shaved by the victor. It was clear from the beginning that Trump would never shave off his mop.

I never dreamed I would ever have the opportunity to attend a Wrestlemania. It was certainly one of those experiences that I will never forget...and I am not sure how I feel about that.





2 comments:

Travis said...

Looks like a good show!

A J Craig said...

I watched on PPV with my bro. At one point I actually thought, I wonder if Murray and Nat went to this... didn't know why, but I do now! I am so jealous man, that would have been so cool!