Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hangin' with the Parental Units

My parents came for a visit this past weekend...these are some of the fun things we did.



We went to a Tigers game.

It was a hot and sunny day. Because I am not used to it being this way so early in the year, I didn't think about putting on sunblock. This resulted in a severe sunburn on my face and arms. I will spare you from the pictures of my pain.

The Tigers got smoked 11-3, so it wasn't the best game - but we had fun anyway!

This is a cool mural of the Temptations we found on a building in downtown Detroit.

We went to Amherstburg, ON to see Fort Malden. It is situated on the east side of the Detroit River and was built by the British between 1796 and 1799. Initially the post served as a major garrison, naval base and key centre for the British Indian Department in western Upper Canada. During the war of 1812, Fort Malden was headquarters for the Right Division of the British army.


It was really cool!

No comments: