
Our next stop was in Glenboro, MB, where we visited with my Grandparents and many other relatives. I used to spend a good portion of my summers and many a Christmas as a youngster here. My Grandparent's dwelling (pictured above) overlooks the Glenboro Golf & Country Club, so it provides a great view and easy access to play a round. We had a wonderful time playing some golf and visiting family while we were there.
Glenboro is located in the desert region of Manitoba about 80 km Southeast of Brandon. Here I am with the Glenboro landmark, Sara the camel. The town is referred to as the "Gateway to Sprucewoods Provincial Park," which is a terrific spot for camping, picnics, etc. If you are ever in the area, I would urge you to visit this lovely little town. For more information, you can check out the town's website: www.glenboromb.ca My Grandfather will be very pleased with me for this plug - he has been referred to as Glenboro's "Chamber of Commerce."We really enjoyed our time in Glenboro - next stop: Minneapolis, MN

No comments:
Post a Comment