Sunday, August 27, 2006

Windsor

After 38 hours of actual time in the car, passing through 4 provinces and 6 states, I was so pleased to finally be on the Ambassador Bridge (which connects Detroit and Windsor) because I knew we had finally made it to our new home. I had truly enjoyed the adventure, but I was ready to put an end to the anticipation.

This is Giles Blvd, the street we live on (the church is 1 block west of this intersection). When we first arrived we thought that the buildings that appear to be at the end of the street was downtown Windsor, but in fact it is downtown Detroit.

This is roughly 10 blocks north of our place. The water is the Detroit River and that is downtown Detroit.

We are now just nicely settled and look forward to experiencing what this area has to offer. We have already had the opportunity to meet with many of the members of First Lutheran Church, and they have shared with us the spots we should see.

We are looking forward to a great year!

1 comment:

kari-o said...

I can't believe you can see Detroit from your street! That's crazy. I always imagined a vast expanse between Windsor and Detroit, but it seems like it's practically one big (international) city. Very cool. And such close access to delicious American snack foods!