Friday, November 10, 2006

Does anyone else have to take a schwiz?



So after our relaxing time at Niagara-On-Lake we ended up at the Falls. It is really awe inspiring to see this part of the earth, but I find the Tim Horton's coffee catches up to me quickly.



We couldn't resist going up on this wheel to get a birds-eye view of the area. The Falls looked absolutely beautiful, but unfortunatley the only picture that turned out even half decent was this one of the tacky part of Niagara Falls.


We stayed at the Mt. Carmel Spiritual Center for the conference. It was a great facility; the rooms were nice and the food was tasty. It also had beautiful grounds for walking and refelecting in.


The main chapel is where we held our daily worship services. The stained glass was incredible (unfortunatley my close-up pictures did not turn out well). The acoustics were amazing...the chanting and hymns seemed to reverberate forever. It was simply heavenly.

I learned a lot and met many pastors and deacons from the East District. The discussion and simply observing the process of a district conference was very helpful for me. Dr. Charles Arand (from St. Louis) was the guest speaker; he spoke on the "two kinds of righteousness," which helped to clarify the matter of justification and sanctification for me.

The LCC also has a church in Niagara Falls. I also would be very pleased to serve here, but my bribe would be a little less than the one I would offer for Niagara-On-The-Lake.

No comments: