This is a replica of Brother André who is credited as the main founder of the Oratory. People report that he did many miraculous healings, so people came to him from far and wide for his magic touch. The Oratory kept his actual heart after he died as a relic. I was not able to take a picture of it because it was removed on account of some rennovations they are doing. Dang.
This room had several statues like this where you could toss in some money, light a candle, and pray for healing.

These are the canes and crutches of those who were miraculously healed at the Oratory. I had a bit of a blister on my foot from all of the walking we had done. I was hoping it would miraculously be healed so I could add my bandaid to the stack of medical aids, but no such luck. I guess I should have prayed harder.
Contrasting the churches we visited were the many smut clubs that line the streets of Montreal. These two are on St. Catherine's Street, which is a very popular and main strip. As you can see, they are not in hidden and obscure places like in most cities (so I hear). It was strange to see them so prominently displayed in the main areas of the city. The signs were bright and shiny.


2 comments:
Good ol' smut. What do you think kept Brother Andre hard at it all those years? I guarentee, it was good ol' smut. That, or perhaps the miraculous healings. I love yonder wall o' canes.
j ><>
I'm surprised you didn't get a good view of Brother Andre's heart! You know, they still have it on display all up ins. Sitting there....all hearty like.
Oh, and Club SuperSexe....I used to see that like every day when I worked down in that locale. It always reminded me of a stampede ride, with that amount of neon on the outside.
Post a Comment