Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Voulez-vous cesser de me cracher dessus pendant que vous parlez!" "I don't speak French, but you are also nice."


Natalie and I got away last week...we went to Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa. I forgot to take pictures in Toronto, so I will start in Montreal. Here we are in front of Notre-Dame Basilica about to begin our horse drawn buggy tour of Old Montreal.



It was a really cool way to check out all of the history in this city - the lady who took us was full of interesting facts!



This is a gold Elvis guy doing the Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto. He tossed some gold beads at Natalie and wanted $2 in return. Unfortunately we do not speak French.


We toured Notre-Dame Basilica. I think Lutherans should start to guilt people out of their money so we can build nice things too.


The Notre-Dame Basilica chapel.



We also checked out Saint Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal. People from all over the world take pilgrimages here for spiritual matters and physical healing.


The pictures can't capture the beauty of the Oratory. More to come...

1 comment:

pastor jim said...

The horse drawn wagon, eh? Did it poop while you were riding it? Also, while in montreal, did you have a sandwich from Dagwoods? It has to be experienced, since I can't accurately describe it.